Many of my clients come in with a closed or imbalanced throat chakra. They say they feel like they are speaking their truth but not sure what else to do….
Well, let’s dive in friends!
The throat chakra governs communication – both ways. Are you listening to the message as well as communicating effectively? Do you feel your side is being heard? Do you speak your truth? Do you say what you really mean to say? Do you say it with love? <3 All questions to consider when working with the throat chakra.
How do you know if your throat chakra is imbalanced?
Possible physical ways an imbalance shows up in the throat chakra:
- Constantly clearing your throat (do you need to speak up and say something?)
- Sinus infections
- Dental issues
- Mouth problems
- Thyroid problems
- Neck problems
Possible emotional causes for blockages:
- Fear of speaking your truth – what’s on your mind/judgement
- Loss of words
- Fear of not being understood
- Fear of speaking up for yourself
- Fear of not being heard – therefore a person may speak over another person
- Holding back tears – sometimes we need to let it all go!
Here are some more tips to unleash the blockage or open the throat chakra up. Pick one that steps you out of your comfort zone – that’s what it’s meant to do! If you play the same story over and over, you will end up in same place. Choose a different path and see where the road goes.
- Sing! Sing! Sing! I mean belt it out, friend! Music is a great way to connect to spirit. Choose a song that resonates with you and let it all out!
- Be aware of those moments when you are clearing your throat – what is going on around you? Do you want to speak up and are holding back?
- Chant mantras: Select a mantra that you feel will deepen your connection. My two favorites are:
Om Mani Padme Hum and Om shanti shanti shanti
- Journal: Being aware of what is causing a throat chakra blockage is crucial. Sometimes writing can jog events that happen during the day that make you feel “tight” can help unwind the blockage
- Tell others how you feel. Remember you can do this through love and without harsh words.
- Notice what you don’t want to talk about and bring it up. It’s the hardest things that we need to work on!
- See an energy healer
- Use crystals on your throat such as blue lace agate or sodalite
- Be a voice in the world and share your thoughts and opinions (always from a place of love!) Feeling frisky, youtube it!
- Develop your clairaudience skills
- Really listen to others as they speak their messages.
- Eat blueberries and drink plenty of water.
- Meditate. When you get still and listen to your inner voice – all messages come through.
Love + Light friends,