Celebrate by embracing each day with love and peace first thing in the morning!
Creating a morning routine which is peaceful and calming helps unfold the beautiful world before you. Walk out your door feeling refreshed and rejuvenated for the day ahead.
There is something particularly special about the morning time. I get out of bed hours before anyone else to enjoy the quietness around me. It’s the best time of day for my brain to process and think! It’s also a great time to create a spiritual connection before the day becomes busy with “things to do.”
Below are suggestions to help create a peaceful morning. I highly suggest trying them all. Pick and choose which ones work for you and the time you have allotted yourself. You can rotate the suggestions or go in order, whatever works for you. If this feels overwhelming start small. Pick one item from the list and evaluate where you are.
- Wake up and go to sleep at the same time. This helps the body get the sleep it needs and reinforces the body’s rhythmic cycle. Studies suggest 7-8 hours, my body loves 8-9. Do what works for you. This simple task of sleep gets overlooked all the time. People don’t allow themselves enough sleep. When the body doesn’t get what it needs, the immune system starts to break down letting sickness inside. Let’s start the morning energized by getting enough sleep!
- Start the day with warm water and lemon or apple cider vinegar. This helps kick the digestive system for the day!
- Meditate:Either on your own or with a MP3 guiding your practice.
- Journal: One of my favorite ways to express my feelings is by writing. Write about the day, messages you may have heard, anything on your mind.
- Gratitude. Think of a list of things to be grateful for in the day. Truly grateful. Gratitude is key!
- Yoga. Any time of movement is good for the body. I love a peaceful yoga before I wake the kids up.
- Green smoothie. The night before clean all greens and place in blender for a delicious morning smoothie. Starting the day with vegetables helps alkaline the body!
- List of things-to-do. Either write a list of things-to-do or go over the previous days list. Check off the items as you go, making a productive day!
Write down your new zen morning routine on a sheet of paper close by the bed. In the morning, review and put it into action!
Love and Light,